The Australian health authorities have warned consumers not to eat cashew nut.
The nut, which is grown in the Western Cape region, can cause bloating and is also known to contain salmonella and E.coli.
The symptoms of the problem, including bloating in the mouth, are caused by a fungus that is common in nuts and which can be easily transmitted from person to person.
The fungus is a major threat to humans and pets, as it can cause serious illnesses in people with weakened immune systems and the elderly.
However, the nut is widely eaten and it is not known if it can be safely eaten as a treat.
Consumers should also be wary of salmonellosis.
“The fungus is not a common threat in the population,” a spokesperson for the Western Australia Department of Health said in a statement.
“People who have a food allergy should be careful about consuming cashewnuts.
Consumers are advised to avoid eating any food with the fruit, unless it is prepared by the Food Standards Agency.”